Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Evil Cornucopia

Knocking out story #3 from the June 1953 issue of Adventures into Darkness #10, featuring nice Toth-esque art that I'm sure someone else can (and will) properly identify for us. Also today we've included a one page bonus and cool vintage ad, and with one more tale to go to fully wrap up this great AiD issue, we've somehow made July 2010 an all Standard Comics Issue Month! Want another entire month from a single publisher? Let us know your thoughts...











7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The penciler is Mike Sekowsky. I'm guessing Mike Peppe on inks, but couldn't say for sure.

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

That Mortheo does have a wicked sense of humor. Although like most self-serving sociopaths, Derek did bring his fate on himself when all is said and done.

Turok1952 said...

You know, there is something reminiscent in this artwork about the great Don Heck.

Prof. Grewbeard said...

um, "ouch"?...

Tamfos said...

Yup. Sekowsky. And either Peppe or Celardo on inks, I'm guessing.

Mr. Karswell said...

>penciler is Mike Sekowsky. I'm guessing Mike Peppe on inks

Thanks Steven!

>Derek did bring his fate on himself when all is said and done.

As do most pre-code A-holes!

>something reminiscent in this artwork about the great Don Heck.

I see it too.

>WHAT AN ISSUE!!!

One more story to go (COMING UP NEXT!)

>um, "ouch"?...

Oh, like you never got hit over the head with a cornucopia before, Prof...

>Sekowsky. And either Peppe or Celardo on inks, I'm guessing.

I would say definitely Sekwosky and Peppe, mainly from comparing other Standard Comic stories.

Thanks for the comments, and I hope everyone is having a great summer. Got a suggestion or submission for THOIA? Drop me line anytime and let me know.

Ger Apeldoorn said...

Yp, celardo made Sekowsky look 'dirtier'.